Car Finance – 10 Car Rental Tips
Are you looking to rent a car for your next vacation or business trip? Car rentals are growing every year and new technology is making it easier than ever to rent or buy with car finance vehicles right from your home or office computer.
In 2011 the car rental industry brought in $22.4 billion, an increase of 8.1 percent over the previous year. While airport rentals have typically brought in the highest revenue for car rental agencies, the past few years have brought a massive change in the industry. Neighborhood car rental agencies have become the number-one rental agencies for people looking to rent a car.
Here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect rental agency and the right rental vehicle:
1. Go Online: With the major advances in technology choosing your next rental vehicle online is very easy. Plus, you can get the best deals online
from car hire compare websites and most holiday sites such as dealchecker.co.uk have car hire compare built in for you so you can book the holiday and rent the car on the same site.
2. Consider Weekends: Many rental agencies offer discounted weekend rates. In fact, you can get up to one-half off in certain cases.
3. Weekly Rate Deals: Search for great weekly rates. While a rental agency may offer a car for a daily rate of $55.00, it may offer a discounted weekly rate for seven days at $245.00.
4. Insurance: Do you need insurance? When you sign the car rental paperwork you will be asked if you want a collision damage waiver and a loss damage waiver. The first type of coverage covers you while the second covers the rental company.
5. Plan Ahead: It is important to book as early as possible. You will get better rates and a better choice of vehicles. At least one week is suggested.
6. Gas Options: You can pay for a tank of gas at the time you rent the car and bring it back empty or fill the car before you bring it back. Prepaying normally causes you to pay for more gas than you use, but saves you the hassle of stopping to refuel.
7. Upgrades: You may be offered an upgrade. Rental companies like to give customers upgrades because compacts are hot properties. But consider the high cost of fuel before you accept.
8. Airport Pickup: Airport pickup services involve service fees and taxes. You can avoid these fees by renting your vehicle from a neighborhood rental agency. Travelocity surveyed airports and discovered that airport pickups costs 11.5 percent more than neighborhood pickups.
9. Child Safety Seats: Car rental agencies charge extra for child safety seat. You can save money if you bring your own child seat.
10. Savings Clubs: Many rental agencies have rewards clubs. You will pay a fee to become a member and get points toward rewards such as airline miles or car rewards.