Corporate Blogs and Press Releases
We have a category in the Tips from the T-List called the “Press Zone” which is exclusively for travel and tourism companies who would like to syndicate their corporate blogs. This is a great way to include your corporate posts and press releases into Google News. If you would like to add your corporate blogs to the Tips from the T-List, please follow these instructions:
(Note: These are the same as the regular contributor instructions except for one important point)
1. If you would like to syndicate your blog through TFTTL please contact us. I will need to know your username in order to associate the posts. Register to be an author by creating a user on the site. I will set your account to Author once I receive your feed information.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: You must provide a full feed to your content. Google news does not like partial feeds or summary content. Participation is completely opt in, so please don’t ask to add your feed if it is not a full feed. Thanks. If you are using WordPress this article may help to get a full feed***
2. We would like to add a direct link to your blog RSS feed on the author page. In your WordPress profile page please use the AIM user name field to store your RSS feed URL. The profile page will reference this field to populate the Subscribe directly to [Author Name]‘s Blog. We want to use the power of the aggregation of the TFTTL and the Google syndication to the bring reader’s to the site and then drive them directly to your sites.
3. The author profile page shows a description which you can edit in your WordPress admin. Please add whatever you like there that is pertinent to you or your blog.
4. Your blog posts will have your gravatar associated with them. Please update your gravatars and your email address to correctly display your gravatar. If you don’t know what a gravatar is, visit http://www.gravatar.com.
5. Every post that is syndicated includes your name, a link to your original post, and a link to subscribe directly to your feed. Please make sure your name and profile information is up to date.
6. Please support the site by linking back to it with one of the handy badges found on http://www.tipsfromthetlist.com/banners
7. Don’t forget to join the Tips from the T-List community and start commenting, posting reviews, and adding other T-List members as friends.Remember, you don’t have to syndicate your blog in order to participate in the TFTTL. As an author, you can write and post your unique content to the site and include link backs to your own site. We want to keep the site as dynamic and updated as possible with as little administrative intervention, so contribute as much or as little as you like.
8. After all of the steps are completed, contact us your account and your rss feed.
Stephen and Phil